Do you wish to delete your twitter account permanently? Then this tutorial will help you. In this post I have written how you can deactivate your twitter account with simple steps. Twitter is one of the most popular social networking sites, but it’s not good as Facebook.
Each year lot of people deletes their twitter accounts. Twitter is the best medium for celebrities, business people and marketers, but it’s not that good for common people. Most people delete twitter due to lack of options, there are a lot of people who haven’t deleted their twitter account, only because they don’t know how to delete it. Most of the twitter accounts are not active at all.
It’s not wise to leave your account undeleted, when you are fed up with it. Hackers could easily get in to the undeleted non active accounts and it is very dangerous. I recommend that when you are not tweeting or not interested to use twitter then simply delete it.
Why People Delete Their Twitter Accounts
There five main reasons why people delete their twitter account,
- Don’t know how to use: This is the reason why most people stop using twitter account. Twitter is very different from other social networking sites. Its unique nature is what that most people hates about twitter
- Facebook Fever: The reasons why people deactivate twitter accounts is due to the over popularity of Facebook and most people loves to stick with Facebook
- Can’t Chat: Most people use social networking sites to chat, with their friends and family. They also like to create new friendships all across the globe, but twitter has no feature to chat
- No Followers: This is the reason why most twitter most twitter users leave twitter; they feel ashamed to say they got few followers. In Facebook it is super easy to get friends, but twitter you can follow many people, but you can’t get followers like that.
- Links Everywhere: Most people use twitter is to promote something, most tweets will contain links, and this will be a nuisance for people. Another thing is the length of tweets is set to just 140 Characters.
All this make people to delete twitter account,
How to Delete Twitter Account Permanently
You can delete twitter account permanently by following these simple steps,
- Login to your twitter account and then click on your profile picture which is shown at the top bar, then choose settings from that
- The setting page will be loaded and then from the account settings choose account setting
- Choose Deactivate twitter from the Account setting, Now your twitter account is been deactivated
It takes 30 days to permanently delete your twitter account, if you wish to reactivate your twitter account then in those 30 days it’s possible. After 30 days all the data in your twitter account will be removed, but you can download your twitter data before you delete your account
How to Download Twitter data
You can download the twitter data before you permanently delete your twitter account. Remember that you can’t recover the twitter data after the permanent deletion of your twitter account, but you can download a copy of your account before you delete it. Follow the below steps to download your twitter data before you delete your twitter account
- Login to your account and click on the profile picture and then choose setting
- The settings page will be appeared and click account setting and then choose request your twitter archive and then the data will be mailed to you as email and then just download the attachment
This is how to keep a copy of twitter account before you delete your twitter account. I hope this post was helpful to you to delete twitter account permanently. Comment your doubts and suggestion and don’t forget to share the post